Balance your Life with Emotional Gym
Website design and content copyright © John Bligh Nutting and Growing Awareness Pty Ltd - 2001 -2016 All rights reserved World wide
DISCLAIMER: Growing Awareness Pty Ltd as publishers of this web-site and John Bligh Nutting as author do not dispense or recommend medical or psychiatric advice, nor prescribe the use of any technique as a form of treatment for any diagnosable medical or psychiatric condition. Any such action should only be taken by you as your personal choice and either directly or indirectly on the advice of a physician or a qualified therapist.
Developed from the growing understanding that so many of life’s issues are stored even more in our bodies than in our brains, as shown in studies of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and Polyvagal Theory but here without the psychological explanations.
I need to make it clear that I don’t claim to have come up with these ideas myself. I have introduced the description “Emotional Gym” and added a few of my own parts as I discovered how powerful emotional gym was and how easily people found it working for them as a way to reduce stress and feelings of vulnerability.
However I acknowledge that the originators of emotional balancing are two amazing psychologists in the USA, Dr. Hal Stone and Dr, Sidra Stone who developed the Psychology of the Aware Ego and the process of Voice Dialogue. I trained with them for several years during the 1990s. I also acknowledge Dr. Martha Lou Woolf who today is my trainer and mentor in this work. I continue to learn from her every month as we work on Skype.
Websites in my Growing Awareness and Flying Awareness Series - with free books:
The aim of this website is to tie together some of the latest and powerful understandings about stress, fear, vulnerability and body pain:
1. How and why so many of life’s big problems are stored in your body as well as your head.
2. Why tuning in to those body messages is the beginning of resolving those big issues.
3. Sharing with you some straight forward, safe and easy do-it-yourself ways to work with those painful or scary body sensations without going into deep psychological explanations. That’s Emotional Gym. It’s Safe and fast and it works.
4. Why embracing and then balancing two opposite body energies works far better than trying to limit either one or the other of them (which cannot work)
5. The close connection with your ever changing emotional age and everything else that is going on inside and outside you including stress, fear, pain.
6. The false belief that power is mostly outside of you. An unbalanced and too young emotional age pattern is what locks this false belief in.
7. Looking at your Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and the effects on your life of even a moderate ACE score
8. Discovering your old core beliefs and their effects on your life and balancing those too.
9. Balancing your sense of vulnerability and not enough vulnerability
10. Balancing Self empowerment vs disempowerment
Balancing your Personal power with Emotional Gym is a gentle but dynamic process that has proved to grow self-empowerment, resolve underlying stresses, release blockages, barriers and deep body memories and helps you create powerful changes in your life, with more joy and less pain.
Also on this website
Pages on this website and in a coming (not ready yet) Emotional Gym book: Hyperlinks:
|Emotional Gym How to|
|Vulnerability is Natural|
|EMDR on Skype|
|Emotional Age Awareness|
|Body Keeps Score|
|Adverse Childhood Experiences|
|van der Kolk|
|Don't Give Your power Away|
|Anti labelling Kit|
|Question old rules|
|Sorces of Power|
|Self Defeating RSDP|
|DTD Developmental Trauma Disorder|
|Is it Safe for me to Change|
|Personal or Impersonal|
|The Path and the Holes|
|More About John Nutting|